This recipe was originally shared by Daniel Leong, and is also a variation from the Peanut Cookies I made last week.
*yields 70 cookies
150g SR flour
60g icing sugar - sieved
80g chopped almonds
80g ground almond powder
100g corn oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Eggwash: 1 egg yolk + 1/2tsp water + 1/2 tsp oil
Some sesame seeds to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 160C and lined baking tray.
- Mix flour, sugar, chopped almond & almond powder together.
- Add in oil & vanilla, and mix together. The mixture will appear crumbly.
- Using a round teaspoon, press the dough into the spoon, then push on the edge of the dough, and it will glide out from the other end (see illustrations here).
- Apply eggwash and sprinkle some sesame seeds in the enter of each cookie.
- Sent to bake for 15mins.
- Leave to cool completely on cooling rack.
Apply eggwash and sprinkle sesame seeds in the center.
Baked and packed!