The taste is just right, with the kaya aroma :) Crispy top, soft and moist inside! I'm so proud of myself!
150g plain flour - sieved
100g canola oil
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
60g kaya jam
40ml coconut milk
1/2tsp pandan extract (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Grease and floured bundt tin.
3. Heat coconut milk in microwave and pour over kaya jam, stir to a smooth paste, add pandan extract, stir well. Set aside.
4. Mix flour, salt, baking powder and soda in a mixing bowl.
5. Heat oil over stove, and drizzle over the flour mixture, quickly stir until well combined.
6. Beat egg and sugar until it turns double in volume and light golden colour (should be a little ribbon-like stage).
7. Add in jam mixture, and whisk until well combined.
8. Using a hand whisk, mix in the flour mixture until well combined.
9. Tap the batter few times on table top to release air bubbles. Then transfer to baking tin.
10. Bake for 50min.
11. Once done, remove from oveb and inver to cool for 5min. Tap lightly on the bundt tin and it should detached itsef from the cake. Leave to cool completely.