Been a while since I made this dessert, and my girl asked for a jelly layer, so here it is...
Adapt & modified this recipe from The Baking Biatch.
*6" round tin or 7" square tin
- 200g digestive biscuits → pound into fine grains
- 75g castor sugar
- 80g unsalted butter
- 250g plain yoghurt (can be replaced with thickened cream)
- 250g cream cheese → room temperature
- 2.5 tablespoon gelatin -> → to be dissolve with 100ml hot boiling water (keep stirring until gelatine dissolved)
- 1/2 Konnyaku jelly powder
- 1/2tsp mint essence
- 1-2 drop green coloring
- Small pieces of chocolate
- Lined the base and side of the baking tin with aluminium foil. May omit this step if using removable base tin.
- Melt butter in microwave. Pour and mix into biscuit grains.
- Spoon mixture into the base of tin, firm with the underneath of the spoon, leave to set in fridge.
- Pour hot booling water into the gelatin. Stir to dissolve and set aside.
- Whisk cream cheese with sugar till smooth, add in dissolved & cooled gelatin, continue whisking, adding lastly, the yoghurt.
- Pour mixture on top of the biscuit crust and leave to set in fridge for at least 3hrs.
- Place small pieces of chocolate on top on the half set cream cheese mixture.
- Boil 250g of water, add in jelly powder, stirring continually throughout. Add in mint essence and coloring. Leave to cool for around 5min (continue to stir to prevent the mixture from solidifying). Then using a landle, transfer the mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bring back to fridge to set overnight.