Search This Blog

Thursday 9 July 2015

Moist Chocolate Cake

My daughter has been asking for chocolate cake, and frankly speaking, except for brownies, I do not really have any very fabulous recipe for this particular cake.  So I goggled for one and came across this one.

The recipe on the link calls for 250g sugar which I think was way too much, so I reduced the quality and also change to mixed up with brown sugar (not sure why, but I always feel brown sugar goes exceptionally well with chocolate!).  When I was done with the mixing and ready to send for baking, I got really sceptical if it'll really turn out well, because the batter was really runny!  It's only slightly thicker than water!  To my surprise, it turns out really really good!  Totally living up to it's name...super duper moist, and rich in the chocolate aroma!  It's a bit on the oily side, but after chilling in the fridge, it's all good!  I really have to said, this is the best chocolate cake that I ever made!

Ingredients
360ml milk
100g butter
60ml oil (I used canola oil)
80g cocoa powder - sieved
140g self raising flour - Sieved
1 egg + 1/2tsp vanilla essense - beat together
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda - absolutely do not omit this!  It is what that gave the rich chocolate colour!

100g brown sugar
50g castor sugar

Method

  1. Greased and lined a loaf tin.
  2. Preheat oven at 180C.
  3. Heat milk, butter, oil & cocoa powder together, until the butter melt.  Then set aside to cooled.
  4. Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature, with a hand whisk, mix in flour, bicarbonate of soda, portion by portion, until you see no lump of flour.
  5. Then mix in sugar and egg, make sure mixture is well combined.
  6. Send to baked for 45-55min.
  7. Test the cake with a skewer to see if it is done (should come out clean).


Look how moist it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.